This accessibility statement explains how well Certificates from the Population Information System service complies with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, what shortcomings there are in the accessibility of the website and how you can give us feedback on accessibility problems.
The Digital and Population Data Services Agency is responsible for this online service. We want as many users as possible to be able to access our digital services. We take accessibility into account in the development of digital services.
How accessible is the website?
This online service largely meets the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1). The online service has some shortcomings in accessibility, which are described in more detail below.
Did you notice any gaps in accessibility?
We are constantly striving to improve the accessibility of the online service. If you observe any issues that are not described on this page, please let us know and we will do our best to fix any shortcomings. You can give us feedback on page Certificates from the Population Information System.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland monitors the implementation of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
Telephone (switchboard) +358 295 016 000
More detailed information on technical accessibility
The online service is not yet fully accessible.
Content or features that are not yet accessible
- Some of the colour contrasts do not meet the minimum contrast requirement. (WCAG 1.4.3, 1.4.11)
- Focus order is inconsistent. (WCAG 1.3.2, 2.4.3)
- The online service is not fully responsive when resizing the content. (WCAG 1.4.4, 1.4.10)
- There are some inconsistencies in the semantic structure of the online service, for example similar functionality has been implemented using both links and buttons. (WCAG 3.2.4)
- The time limit is not announced via assistive technologies and is not controllable by the user. (WCAG 2.2.1)
- Keyboard access is inconsistent in checkboxes and tabs. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- Focus is not visible in certain user interface elements. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- There are some user interface elements which cannot be programmatically determined. Form elements do not have labels associated with them. (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
- Assistive technologies do not announce error messages. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- PDF files are not tagged. (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
An effort will be made to correct the shortcomings listed in this statement during 2021.
How have we tested accessibility?
The observations in this accessibility statement are based on a third party assessment of whether the online service meets legal requirements.
The online service was published on 28.2.2019.
This statement was prepared on 21 September 2020.
The statement was last updated on 21 September 2020.