Skip to Content

Guardianship of a minor child   

The property of a person under the age of 18 belongs to them, but their guardian acts as their trustee and is responsible for their financial affairs.

Do you need help?

Read the frequently asked questions about guardianship of a minor.

Telephone service: 0295 536 256.

Service hours: Mon–Fri 9–15. 

Customer service for family relations and custodian information regarding minors recorded in the Finnish Population information System visit our website.

Laws related to the matter

Guardianship Services Act (442/1999)