Digital identity reform
The Digital and Population Data Services Agency is working with the Finnish Police to develop a solution for reforming digital identities as part of a project by the Ministry of Finance. This development work will result in a new, secure mobile application (Suomi.fi Wallet) for showing proof of identity when using in-person services and e-services of public and private actors. An alternative identification solution (Code Display) for using the electronic services of public administration will also be created for people who will not be using a mobile device for identification. These solutions will be new Suomi.fi services.
The aim is to develop a digital identity solution for citizens to make everyday life easier. It adapts to the needs of a changing society and is suitable for new digital platforms as they develop. The solution takes different users into account and thus promotes equality.
The digital identity development project is underway from 2020 to 2023.
This video shows how the digital proof of identity can be used in practice. If the embedded video doesn't work, the video can be seen at out video portal.
Sign up for testing
We encourage all organisations and companies whose in-person or online services require identification to prepare for implementing the application well in advance. The aim is to ensure that the application meets the needs of different e-services and their customers as effectively as possible. Organisations and companies can participate in piloting the solution.
Sign up for testing the solutions by sending an email to [email protected]
The legislation15.9.2022 a government proposal on legislation enabling the use of digital identity cards was submitted to Parliament. Read the proposal.
European Digital Identity Wallet
The Digital and Population Data Services Agency develops digital identity solutions so that they are interoperable with the future European Digital Identity Wallet and serve as a basis for its implementation in Finland.
Send an email to [email protected] and you will receive invitations to events and up-to-date information on the progress of the work.
Infotilaisuudet ja webinaarit
Digitaalisen henkilöllisyyden uudistuksen infotilaisuuksia järjestetään kerran kuussa. Lisäksi järjestämme erillisiä infoja rajatummista aiheista uudistukseen liittyen. eIDAS Toolbox -webinaari järjestetään kolmen viikon välein.
- 7.12.2022 klo 9–10: eIDAS Toolbox -webinaari, ilmoittaudu
- 15.12.2022 klo 9–10: Digitaalisen henkilöllisyyden uudistuksen infotilaisuus, ilmoittaudu
- 24.11.2022 — Register for the digital identity user community – try and evaluate new services
- 4.11.2022 — Students envision the future of digital identity in a hackathon
- 1.11.2022 — Ethical hackers are looking for information security gaps in Suomi.fi services - the digital identity application also under testing
- 15.9.2022 — Development of the digital identity card already far along – feedback from test users guiding completion of the mobile application
- 8.9.2022 — Higher education student, register to our hackathon to envision the future of digital identity services
- 4.4.2022 — DVV is seeking a remote digital identity identification solution provider
- 1.4.2022 — New solutions for digital identity improve opportunities to make use of Suomi.fi services
- 10.3.2022 — Market consultation on identification tokens lays the foundation for a digital identity solution – respond to a request for information
- 8.3.2022 — Finland is actively involved in the preparation of the European Digital Identity Wallet – the proposal for technical architecture can now be commented on
- 2.3.2022 — Digital and Population Data Services Agency invites you to join the development of new digital identity solutions