Population information services for organisations
The Population Information System contains the personal data about Finnish citizens and foreign citizens residing in Finland on a permanent or temporary basis. The system also contains the information on buildings, construction projects and dwellings as well as the details of the real estate in which the buildings are located.
You can obtain Population Information System data for your organisation’s needs from large sets of personal and building data to individual Population Information System items.
Sampling and update service: when you need a lot of data
Organisations in public administration
Customised data deliveries
- With the sampling and update service, a public sector actor can obtain information from the Population Information System based on their desired search criteria, for example, for the implementation of a questionnaire survey and keep their customer database up to date.
Continuous update services
- The modified data update service and the PIS modified data interface are continuous update services that can be used by a public sector actor to keep their registers up to date. The PIS modified data interface will replace the modified data update service by the end of 2024.
Private businesses and non-government organizations
- With the information services for businesses and non-government organizations, private businesses and non-government organizations can keep their customer databases up to date and receive address information for direct marketing, for instance. The services operate through our partners.
Search services of the Population Information System: when you need individual items
There are two search services in the Population Information System:
- VTJkysely is a browser-based application that can be used by the organisation's employees to retrieve individual data items from the Population Information System. VTJkysely is suitable for an organisation that does not have the need or possibility to retrieve data from the Population Information System for processing in its own organisation's information system.
- The VTJkysely interface is a service that is integrated with the organisation's own information system. The VTJkysely interface is suitable for an organisation that wants to process data in a system tailored for its own purposes.
Population Information System self-sampling services
Basic personal data sampling is a self-service application offered to municipalities, which makes it possible to extract personal data needed by the municipality for the performance of statutory tasks and to contact inhabitants of the municipality.
List of residents sampling is a self-service application offered to property management offices and maintenance companies that can be used to sample the resident situation in a housing company, a building owned by it or an individual apartment.
Please remember to familiarise yourself with the prerequisites for using Population Information Services before deploying Population Information Services.