Privacy statement for the Public Service Info customer service system
Supporting authorities’ own advice services, Public Service Info is an advice service for users of public services. The aim of the service is to raise awareness of public sector services and to make them easier to use. Public Service Info processes personal data in order to respond to service requests and to forward the feedback received on the operation of public authorities.
Public Service Info customer service system
Digital and Population Data Services Agency
Lintulahdenkuja 2, 00530 Helsinki
PL 123, 00531 Helsinki
Telephone (switchboard) 02 9553 6000, email kirjaamo(a)dvv.fi
Contact person in register-related matters
Service Manager Minna Kuitunen
Vuorikatu 1, FI-45101 Kouvola
Telephone +358 295 535 106/+358 50 560 8986, minna.kuitunen(a)vrk.fi
Telephone (switchboard) 02 9553 6000, [email protected]
Public Service Info is an advice service for users of public services. The aim of the service is to raise awareness of public sector services and to make them easier to use. The Digital and Population Data Services Agency is responsible for the service. Public Service Info processes personal data for responding to service requests and for forwarding the feedback received on the operation of public authorities.
The data is used for responding to service requests received by Public Service Info and for forwarding the feedback received on the operation of public authorities. Data is also stored for the purpose of monitoring and improving the quality of the service. Phone calls are occasionally recorded for the purpose of training service advisors.
The processing of personal data by the Public Service Info is based on paragraph 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The Digital and Population Data Services Agency provides and develops the Public Service Info service under the decree on certain tasks of the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.
Public Service Info uses hosting and operational services provided by Elisa, Valtori and Tieto
Personal data is retained for two years to make it possible to return to a customer's past service event. However, phone calls recordings are retained for two months only.
The following data, as it is necessary for the operation of the customer service, is stored in the customer service system:
- phone number, start and end time of the call, queueing time
- language used in the service: Finnish/Swedish/English
- email address, if provided by the customer
- content of feedback or service request: what was asked and the given answer
- other information submitted by the data subject in writing (chat, email, online form, SMS message), by telephone and through video conference, e.g. name.
Phone calls are occasionally recorded for the purpose of training service advisors. Customers hear an automatic message at the start of each telephone call informing them that the call will be recorded.
The information is collected from customers themselves.
As a rule, no information is disclosed to third parties. If the matter concerns a service pro-vided by a public authority and requires a response to the customer, the email address or the phone number and, if needed, the content of the service request is forwarded to the appropriate authority.
Under the law, information may also be disclosed to the police.
No personal data is transferred outside the EU or the EEA.
No manual material is processed in the service.
Electronically processed material
The data is protected as required by legislation, paying special attention to information security. Personal data is processed only to the extent that is necessary and the data is anonymized when needed. The register is used only by the controller and is retained on a server that has been protected by means of access control. Personal data can be processed only by the officials at Public Service Info. The server on which the data is stored is located in an area protected by access control. Service events are reported on a statistical basis and the users submitting service requests are not reported or specified.
No automated decision-making or profiling is performed on the basis of the data processed by Public Service Info.
Right of inspection
You have the right to request that the controller provides you with access to the data on you, so that you can check the information that is kept on you. The request must be submitted in writing to Digital and Population Data Services Agency’s registry office. Be prepared to prove your identity. You will receive the information you need within a month of the time your request was registered. However, for justified reasons the Digital and Population Data Services Agency can extend the aforementioned onemonth timeline by two months at the most. In this case you will receive a notification.
Right to demand data correction
You have the right to demand that data stored on you is corrected. Submit your request in writing to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency’s registry office. Give a detailed description of what information must be corrected and how the correction should be made or how your data should be complemented. Be prepared to prove your identity.
Limitations to the rights of the data subject with regard to the processing of personal data
The data subject does not have the right to request the deletion of their data, as the data processing is based on the law. For the same reason, the data subject does not have the right to object to the processing of their personal data or the right to have their data transferred to another system.
In certain cases, the data subject has the right to have the processing of personal data restricted based on Article 18 of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority on the processing of their personal data.
Additional information by the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman.
- Processing times
- Having or adopting a child
- Life changes while living abroad
- Registration of a child born abroad
- Marriage concluded abroad
- Partnership registered abroad
- Divorce granted abroad
- Registration of a name change performed abroad
- Gender recognised abroad
- Death abroad
- Registration of citizenship
- Notification of retaining Finnish citizenship
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- Submitting foreign documents
- As a foreigner in Finland
- Check your own personal details
- Elections and Right to vote
- Suomi.fi Web Service
- Citizen Certificate and electronic identity
- Certificates from the Population Information System
- Population information in the Population Information System
- Registration of a gift notification
- Services of notary public
- Certification of purchase
- Citizens’ initiative
- Death and estate inventory
- Public Service Info
- Address service
- Digital support for citizens
- Population information services for organisations
- Public administration sampling and updating service
- Private sector information services
- PIS modified data interface
- Modified data update service
- VTJquery interface
- Browser-based VTJkysely application
- List of resident sampling for property management offices and maintenance companies
- Basic personal data sampling for municipalities
- Reform of personal identity code
- Conditions for using population information
- Maintaining the Population Information System
- Extracts from registers
- Suomi.fi services
- Services to promote digitalisation
- Digital support
- Digital identity reform
- Digital security services
- Services of notary public
- Certification of purchase
- Right to officiate weddings
- Finnish Authenticator identification service
- About the agency
- Digital and Population Data Services Agency
- Digital and Population Data Services Agency as an Employer
- Use our services electronically
- Customer service for private customers
- Customer service for organisations
- Service locations
- Digital and Population Data Services Agency address, switchboard e-billing details
- Digital and Population Data Services Agency Management
- Marriage ceremony premises information
- Contact details for media
- International Affairs
- Quality policy
- Data protection
- Population Information System
- For media
- Brochures and publications