Foresight and research cooperation
The Digital and Population Data Services Agency engages in foresight and future forecasting as well as cooperation with research and higher education. We work in cooperation with different stakeholders, higher education institutions, research institutes, research projects and thesis writers in Finland and internationally.
Cooperation with researchers and universities helps us examine the phenomena related to the digitalisation and development of public services, and the future. Multidisciplinary cooperation supports the operation of the Agency and the development of the services and promotes a more smoothly functioning Finland. We are interested in all research information and proposals for cooperation concerning the Agency and its administrative branch, such as theses and research projects.
Foresight and responsibility
Future forecasting supports the Agency’s activities and preparedness. In addition to ouroperating environment as a whole, we examine especially the development of digitalisation, the societal impacts of digitalisation and societal trends in the medium term (3–10 years) and in the long term (more than 10 years). Our team is also responsible for themes related to the responsibility of emerging technologies and the ethics of artificial intelligence and data.
We make diverse use of foresight methods and develop new practices in cooperation with the Agency's personnel and stakeholders. You can learn more about our insights in our events or reading reports we have published. Our publications and events have been compiled on this page.
Are you writing a thesis on a topic that we are interested in? Would you like to discuss our themes in more detail? Ask for additional information, give feedback, propose cooperation or invite a speaker.
Specialists in foresight and research cooperation:
- Joonas Aitonurmi, Senior Specialist
- Eetu Jokela, Senior Specialist
Specialist in responsibility of emerging technologies and ethics of data and artificial intelligence:
- Marko Latvanen, Chief Senior Specialist
The form of our email addresses is [email protected].
- 28.3.2023 — Digital services must become the primary way of managing official matters in the next government term, Director General Janne Viskari requires
- 12.12.2022 — Digihumaus 28 March 2023 – How can we keep Finland at the forefront of digitalisation?
- 4.11.2022 — Students envision the future of digital identity in a hackathon
- 2.11.2022 — Weak threats and strong opportunities for digitalisation
- 8.9.2022 — Higher education student, register to our hackathon to envision the future of digital identity services
- 1.4.2022 — Digihumaus report 2022: The authorities' possibilities of processing and solving matters only digitally should be increased