Advisory service and support
The advisory service provides support in the use of the certificates. You can have a lost or stolen certificate card revoked in the revocation service.
The advisory service provides support in the use of the certificates issued by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency and for the most common problems that arise when using them for the first time. The service provides advice on certificate cards, for example, the Citizen Certificate on the personal identification card, organisation cards, social welfare and health care smart cards, activating certificates and the use of PINs. Please note that the service number does not provide advice in the case of technical problems or on the use of different devices. User support and technical support for different devices and software is provided by their importers or representatives.
The advisory service number will direct you to Public Service Info.
If you need help, call the service number below or use the Public Service Info website to send your query electronically.
Advisory service number 0600 9 6160 (local/mobile network fee)
Public Service Info is available from 8 am to 9 pm from Monday to Friday and from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays. The helpline is closed on Sundays and public holidays. The service is in Finnish, Swedish and English.
Revocation service for certificate cards (24 hours)
You can use the revocation service to revoke the certificates on a certificate card. If your personal ID card or smart card is lost, inform the revocation service immediately about the certificates on the card to prevent possible abuse. Once the revocation notification has been received, the certificate holder is no longer responsible. Also inform the revocation service about a certificate if an ID or smart card is no longer needed.
The revocation service operates 24/7 every day of the year.
- Revocation service number 0800 162 622 (calls from Finland are free).
- When calling from abroad, dial +358 800 162 622 (charges made by the local operator will be payable).
Revocation of service certificates
A service certificate must be revoked if it is suspected that the certificate holder’s private key has been compromised. A certificate must also be revoked if it is no longer needed or its purpose changes. A revoked certificate cannot be reinstated.
The revocation request is submitted in the e-services. The mandatory information required for revoking the certificate is the serial number of the certificate.
- Log in to the e-services.
- Find the decision concerning the certificate you want to revoke in the “Issued permits and pending cases” list.
- Click the arrow symbol next to the “Open decision” icon and choose “Submit a certificate revocation request" / "Tee varmenteen sulkupyyntö”.
- Enter the serial number of the certificate, check the displayed information and send the revocation request.
- You will receive a notification in your email when the certificate has been revoked.
- The certificate will be revoked within 24 hours after the revocation request has been sent.
For further information, contact vptuotanto(a)dvv.fi
Population of Finland 5 544 277