Accessibility of the Dvv.fi online service
This accessibility statement explains how well the dvv.fi online service complies with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, what shortcomings there are in the accessibility of the website and how you can give us feedback on accessibility problems.
The Digital and Population Data Services Agency is responsible for this online service. We want as many users as possible to be able to access our digital services. We take accessibility into account in the development of digital services.
How accessible is the website?
This online service largely meets the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1). The online service has some shortcomings in accessibility, which are described in more detail below.
Did you notice any gaps in accessibility?
We are constantly striving to improve the accessibility of the online service. If you observe any issues that are not described on this page, please let us know and we will do our best to fix any shortcomings. We will respond to requests and comments as soon as possible, but no later than within two weeks.
You can contact us by sending an email to saavutettavuus(at)dvv.fi.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland monitors the implementation of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
Telephone (switchboard) +358 295 016 000
More detailed information on technical accessibility
The online service is not yet fully accessible.
Content or features that are not yet accessible
- There are minor shortcomings in the use of header levels both on the online service content pages and in PDF forms. Some heading levels have been skipped and not all headings have been programmed as titles. (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.4.6)
- Form fields and their labels have not been programmed to be connected. In addition, instructions for filling in form fields are not fully available for keyboard and screen reader use. (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.4.13)
- Using some of the functions in forms has proved to be challenging and, in some cases, impossible (for example, a time selection consisting of three input fields and an attachment field) when using a screen reader or keyboard commands (WCAG 2.1.1, 2.4.3, 4.1.2)
- There are shortcomings in the use of the keyboard when using the search function or when trying to narrow down the search. There are shortcomings in the use of keyboards for podcasts. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The online service contains some inaccurate link texts. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The keyboard cursor (Focus) does not stand out visually at all in the podcast player. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- The Finnish names of podcasts are marked as English. (WCAG 3.1.2)
An effort will be made to correct the shortcomings listed in this statement during 2021 (pdf-forms during 2021).
Accessibility requirements do not apply to certain content
The online service includes podcasts that are not accessible. These lack a text description. Under the law, audio content published prior to 23 September 2020 does not need to be made accessible retroactively or be removed from the website.
How have we tested accessibility?
The observations in this accessibility statement are based on a third party assessment of whether the online service meets legal requirements.
The online service was published on 1 January 2020.
This statement was prepared on 1 April 2020.
The statement was last updated on 14 July 2021.
You may give feedback on the website and its accessibility using the form below.