If you enter a PIN incorrectly five times in a row, the PIN will be locked. If your PIN becomes locked, you can create a new one. To create a new PIN, you will need an activation code, card reader software, and a card reader. The activation code has been sent to the address of your choice in a separate letter.
Think up a suitable PIN code in advance.
- Insert the certificate card into the card reader and wait for the chip image on the taskbar to turn yellow. Click on the image of the chip to open the app window directly or right-click the icon and select "Show devices"..
- Click the Identification tab. Under Identification objects, select the PIN that is locked, the one that needs to be replaced. The options are basic PIN (PIN1) or signature PIN (PIN2).
- If you know which PIN locked, go to step 4. If you are unsure which PIN is locked, check as follows:
- Under Identification objects, select the basic PIN. Enter your basic PIN (PIN1) in the Check PIN field and click Check. If the PIN is locked, the message “PIN is locked!" will be displayed”
- You can also check your other PIN (PIN 2) in the same manner: Under Identification objects, select the signature PIN. Enter your signature PIN (PIN2) in the Check PIN field and click Check. If the PIN is locked, the message “PIN is locked!" will be displayed.
- To create a new PIN, go to "Unlock PIN":
- Enter the activation code in the PUK/Activation code field.
- Enter a new PIN of your own choice in exactly the same way in both New PIN fields.
- Click the Unlock icon. The program will send a notification acknowledging that the PIN has been opened and changed.
- When you are finished, click Close to exit the program.