The Digital and Population Data Services Agency's oldest root certificate to expire in December 2023
Established in 2002 by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency, the oldest root certificate 'VRK Gov. Root CA', its test version 'VRK TEST Root CA' and the CA certificates (intermediate CA/sub-CA) issued by them will reach the end of their planned life cycles on 18 December 2023.
Please note this if your organisation has implemented separate technical controls or functionality related to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency root or CA certification authorities, such as validity checks or revocation list searches.
The expiry dates of root certificates according to their life cycle have no direct impact on end-users and their certificates. Under these root certificates, no new certificates have been issued to end-users for several years. The last certificates issued to end-users will expire in November 2023.
The following root and CA certification authorities are subject to expiry:
VRK Gov. Root CA
• VRK Gov. CA for Citizen Qualified Certificates - G2
• VRK CA for Qualified Certificates - G2
• VRK CA for Service Providers - G2
• VRK CA for Service Providers - G3
• VRK CA for Healthcare Service Providers
• VRK CA for Healthcare Professionals Qualified Certificates
• VRK CA for Social Welfare and Health Care Service Providers
VRK TEST Root CA
• VRK CA for Test Purposes - G3
• VRK TEST CA for Healthcare Professionals
• VRK TEST CA for Social Welfare and Healthcare Prof. Certs
• VRK TEST CA for Healthcare Service Providers
• VRK TEST CA for Social Welfare and Health Care Service Providers
For additional information on the change, if necessary, please contact [email protected].