You can order a residence certificate if you need to prove your current place of residence. This may be required, for example, when acquiring a parking permit, dealing with waste disposal, engaging in pastimes that require residence in a certain area or applying for benefits related to such pastimes, or applying for or terminating a rental contract.
Your new address is valid from the date which you gave as the moving date in your notification of change of address. Please note that there may be some delay in the transfer of this information to the Population Information System.
The following information is included in the certificate when you order a standard certificate via the self-service. A standard certificate means that the certificate always contains the same information and the selected optional information:
- Date of birth (or personal identity code)
- Permanent address
- Municipality of residence
The certificate also includes the person’s temporary address if it has been entered into the Population Information System. In addition, you can add your former addresses and marital status to the certificate.
If you need other information, order the certificate by email, phone or a form.
How to order certificates
You can order a certificate of yourself or another person for an acceptable purpose of use. Please note that you can use the self-service only to order a certificate for yourself or your dependants.
Certificates ordered and delivered through the self-service are cheaper, and you receive certificates quickly. Prices can be found at the bottom of the page.
- You need online banking codes or a mobile certificate for the order. You pay the certificate by making an online payment. Please note that you can only order a certificate from the self-service for yourself or your dependants.
- Using an identification token issued by another EU country (eIDAS) you can order your own residence or birth certificate from the self-service.
- Ordering a certificate for use in Finland through the self-service is cheaper and is immediately available online. You can download the certificate in PDF format right after paying or the certificate will be sent to you in Suomi.fi Messages. To have the certificate sent to you, you will need to have enabled Suomi.fi Messages. Due to privacy reasons, the certificate will not be sent directly to your email.
- If the certificate is required by a foreign authority, the certificate will be sent to you by mail. Your order will be processed within 2-5 business days, after which the postal service will deliver the certificate.