Are you still using the Katso service? The processing of mandate applications for Suomi.fi e-Authorizations will be stepped up until the end of August - now is the time to act
The Katso service will be discontinued on 31 August 2021. Due to the discontinuation of the Katso service, we will step up the processing of mandate applications throughout the summer. It is advisable to submit the mandate application now and not leave the submittal to a later time as its processing may take as long as 1 to 2 weeks.
The Katso service will be discontinued on 31 August 2021
At present, not all companies and organisations that have used the Katso service have switched over to use Suomi.fi authorizations. While users have been able to access the Incomes Register and some of the Tax Administration's e-services, the Katso ID and the Katso authorisation will no longer work in them as of 1 September 2021. The transition period for transferring from the Katso service will not be prolonged.
However, approximately 90% of Katso service users do not need to submit a mandate application as they can obtain Suomi.fi e-Authorisations through self-authorisation. Such users include limited companies, cooperatives, private entrepreneurs and most deemed partnerships.
Submit a mandate application before the summer holiday period
The Mandate service enables electronic authorisation for companies and organisations that are unable to obtain self-authorisations in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations. These include municipalities, government foundations, most associations, estates of deceased persons with a business ID and foreign companies.
It is advisable to switch over to Suomi.fi e-Authorizations immediately. The mandate applications will be processed on an enhanced schedule until the end of August, with your authorisation being registered or you receiving a request for further information within approximately 1 to 2 weeks.
Summer is a good time to take care of the matter, which means that in the autumn you will immediately be able to make use of the authorisations when you need to access public services after the holiday season. Instructions for submitting a mandate application can be found in the Suomi.fi web service.
Have you received a request for further information on your mandate application? Respond to it quickly
You have received a request for further information on your mandate application if some of the information or document required for registering the mandate was missing. The request for further information does not require a new application; it is sufficient to respond quickly to the requested information. Responses to requests for additional information will also be processed in an enhanced manner throughout the summer.
Suomi.fi e-Authorizations will replace the Katso service
- The Katso service was introduced in 2006 and its use will terminated for all time on 31 August 2021.
- In the e-Authorizations e, you can digitally grant another person an authorisation to act on behalf of a company or community. It provides users with a smooth and secure self-service regardless of time and place.
- The Authorizations service is safe and up-to-date. It checks the right to act on behalf of a party from the authorisation register, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office, the Register of Associations or the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.
- The e-services using the Authorizations service always use strong identification.
- More than 20 million mandates have already been created in the service launched in 2016.
- On a monthly basis, more than 7 million mandate checks are carried out on the Authorizations service, with the number still increasing.
- The Authorizations have been integrated into more than 140 e-services utilised by 245 private and public sector service providers. In addition to these, the service is available in, for example, all pharmacies in Finland.