Finnish Authenticator Identification Service
The application can be used to log into those Finnish public administration e-services that have implemented use of the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service. To be able to use the different e-services, the person representing a foreign company must also be granted the required mandates in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
How is the identification service used?
In the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service, a foreigner registers their Foreigner’s identifier (UID) and verifies their identity using the Finnish Authenticator application. In connection with initial identification, the user takes a photo of the passport or national identity card and a photo of themself. The identification service will confirm the person’s identity if the information in the identity document and the photo match.
After registering and initiating the use of the application, foreign citizens can log into the e-service using their user ID, password and application PIN.
Identification has been implemented in connection with Suomi.fi e-Identification. The Finnish Authenticator Identification Service is not a strong electronic identification service.
Click the link to enlarge the image
- If you have a Finnish personal identity code or a Finnish online banking IDs, you do not need to use the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service. In this case, you can identify yourself by using Suomi.fi e-Identification.
- Note that a driving licence is not valid for the verification of your identity. You can verify your identity with your passport. If you are a citizen of an EU Member State or a citizen of San Marino, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you may alternatively take a photo of your official photo identity card.
- Take a photo of only the passport's personal data page, not the entire opening.
- Avoid reflections and shadows on the document surface.
- Be careful not to cover any part of the ID with your fingers.
- The identification service will not accept poor quality images.
- Take a photo of yourself against a white background.
- Place the camera in front of your face. Look into the camera and follow the instructions provided by the application.