Katso service will be discontinued – start using the Suomi.fi services now
The Katso service will be replaced by Suomi.fi e-Identification and Suomi.fi e-Authorizations. In January 2021, it will no longer be possible to use the Katso ID for identification and the roles and authorisations in the Katso service will no longer be valid. Suomi.fi e-Authorizations are used more extensively than the Katso service in the e-services of the public administration and also the private sector.
If you are the chair of an association in the Register of Associations or a person entitled to sign for such an association, you can use MyTax, Lomake.fi and Ilmoitin.fi on behalf of the association without a separate authorisation. Read more
Users of Suomi.fi e-Authorizations will not need any separate identifiers. Katso IDs will be completely disabled. In future, strong personal tokens such as online banking codes, a mobile certificate, an ID card issued by the police or a smart card issued by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency will be required for logging into the e-services.
- Note: Foreign citizens who have been using Katso identification, do not have a Finnish personal identity code and cannot identify themselves using Finnish tokens must change over from Katso identification in the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service.
Read more about Finnish Authenticator Identification Service
The mandates currently in the Katso service will not be automatically transferred to the new service; they must be separately created as Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
- Companies authorise independently in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations
- Municipalities, partnerships, educational institutions, parishes, public organisations, foreign companies and other organisations whose representation rights cannot be found in the company or association registers may create the rights to grant mandates in the authorisation service provided by officials. The authorised persons can then independently create mandates for transactions in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
- Associations, a member of which has the right to represent the association alone (authority to sign), authorise independently in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
- Other associations authorise in the mandate service provided by officials.
Questions about authorisation with an application (Mandate service provided by officials)
The mandate service provided by officials enables parties whose representation rights cannot be determined from a general data register to grant electronic authorisations and act on behalf of another party. Parties that need the mandate service provided by officials include business partnerships, educational institutions, parishes, municipalities, central government and foreign companies.