Notification of move

According to Finnish legislation, you must always submit a notification of move if you move permanently into a new home or if your temporary stay at another address is longer than three months. You also have to inform the authorities if you are leaving Finland to move abroad, moving to Finland from abroad or changing your address abroad.

It is not possible to record a holiday home as a permanent address in the population register. Therefore it is not possible to move permanently into a holiday home.

The notification of move can be made at the earliest one month in advance. However you must take care of that the notification has been received by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency within a week of your move at the latest.

By submitting a notification of move you can notify your new address simultaneously to the national Population Information System maintained by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency as well as to the register of Posti.

Due to the changes caused by the corona virus some companies have suspended the updating of their customer registers with the information from the population information system. Please be prepared to report your changed address to the companies you are a customer of.

Do the following

Submit a notification of change of address to Digital and Population Data services Agency easiest and fastest in web service. 

Submit notification 

The notification can also be made using the form picked up from the post office or the service point of The Digital and Population Data Services Agency.

Please consider these things before:

You may submit a notification of yourself and your family members moving with you. If another guardian moves from a common home with minor children, the signature of both guardians is required. In this case, use the paper relocation notification form.

When you move from the Nordic countries to Finland the notification of move must be made in person at the service location of the Digital and Population Data services Agency.

When moving to Finland from other countries, you can file a notification of move electronically if your information is already in the Finnish Population Information System. Otherwise, notification of move must be made in person at the service location of the Digital and Population Data services Agency.

Digital and Population Data services Agency automatically forwards your address to the following organizations:

Read more about our data protection and privacy.

Also Posti automatically forwards address information to the companies who have made contract with Posti.


Frequently asked

Contact us 


Telephone service from Monday to Friday 9–12

Telephone number 0295 539 225

Chat service

You can also contact us in matters related to moving via chat at our Facebook pages. Chat service is open Mon-Fri from 9.00 to 15.00. Only general questions on moving are handled through the chat service. The channel is not protected and consequently, other personal or sensitive information should not be given on the chat service. The chat service is also unable to answer questions on the processing of matters that are already pending.dsd

Contact us via chat service in Facebook


Please use secure email if your message contains personal or otherwise confidential information. Choose this addresses as the recipient [email protected]

Send secure email

Service locations

Service locations