Moving while living abroad

According to Finnish legislation you have to inform the authorities if you are changing your address abroad. When your address information is up-to-date in the population information system, you ensure that you are notified of the right to vote at the time of the election. You can also get a passport faster. If your address is incorrect you may not receive contact from the authorities such as pension decisions or conscription letters.

Make a notification of move using this form

You may also notify it in your country of residence via the local Finnish consulate, etc.



Contact us 


Telephone service from Monday to Friday 9–12

Telephone number 0295 535 188 


Please use secure email if your message contains personal or otherwise confidential information. Choose this addresses as the recipient [email protected]

Send secure email

Service locations

Service locations