Do the following
The resident list sampling service can be accessed by applying for a data permit from the Digital and Population Data Services Agency’s e-service.
In order to use the e-service, you must register and identify yourself strongly with either an electronic ID card, an organisation card, a mobile certificate or your online banking codes.
When applying for a data permit, you must submit the details of the buildings you manage for which you wish to obtain lists of residents from the service. Permanent building identifiers, addresses and the Business IDs of the housing or joint-stock property companies that own the buildings must be given, and you must also declare that you manage these buildings. The permanent building identifier is 10 characters long, contains 9 numeric characters and always starts with 1, e.g. 123456789A. You can obtain the permanent building identifier from a recent real estate tax decision or via the Liiteri information service, for example. The information must be submitted as an attachment to the online application (an example of an attachment, link).
Applying for a data permit
- Log in to the e-service.
- In the e-service, select Start a new application.
- Select Businesses and non-government organizations as the customer group.
- In the Application for data access authorisation on VTJkysely menu, select I want to retrieve data from the Population Information System.
- Open the drop-down menu with the default New application and select List of residents samples, VTJkysely.
- Familiarise yourself with the data permit (link) so that you can accept the terms and conditions and commit to complying with them.
- Select Maintenance companies and building management as your organisation’s industry.
- In the Additional information field, you can explain the intended use of the data in more detail (e.g. water bills).
- Attach the necessary attachments to the online application (under Attachments). You can enter the information in a ready-made Excel template (link).
For more additional information as required, contact [email protected]
After the data permit has been granted, you will still have to submit the details of the person making the sampling using a separate application.
If necessary, you can also submit new buildings while using the service to [email protected] with an attachment in accordance with the template (link). Include in the message the customer number of your organisation, which was delivered to you when the data permit was granted.