A permit for leasing or investing a client’s property
You will need a permit when you rent out a property owned by your client or transfer a land lease or other right of use to another party with a fixed-term contract for a period of more than five years or longer than one year after the client reaches age of majority. For example, a permit is required for entering into a field lease agreement.
You will also need a permit if you rent out an apartment owned by your client under a fixed-term contract for a period longer than five years or longer than one year after the client reaches age of majority. This also applies to a right-of-occupancy dwelling.
No permit is needed for leases that are valid until further notice, unless the period of notice is so long that the agreement is comparable to a fixed-term contract that is valid for more than five years.
You do not need a permit to invest your client's property in the most common investment items. Such investment items include domestic or EEA stocks or investment fund shares (UCITS). If the investment item is a non-UCITS, you will need a permit for acquiring the investment item.
Before making any decisions concerning the tasks you are charged with, ask for your client's opinion, if it is important to do so and the hearing can be arranged with significant difficulty. However, a hearing will not be necessary, if your client is unable to understand the meaning or significance of the action.
This is what to do
Fill in the application and submit it and its attachments to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.
The processing of your permit application will be faster if you submit all the necessary attachments at the same time with your application. Where necessary, we will ask you for supplementary data.
We will send any request for supplementary data electronically to the Suomi.fi Messages service or via email, by post as a letter or by phone.
Required attachments for a permit to rent out fixed property or an apartment
- Lease or its draft
- Original land lease or other comparable right to further lease (leasing of real property)
- Building manager certificate (renting an apartment)
- An expert’s assessment or other reliable report on the adequacy of the rent.
- If an estate to which the client is a stakeholder is the donor, a copy of the estate inventory deed, a copy of the deceased person's potential will, including its service of notice or certificate of validity, and a copy of any prenuptial agreement
- If your client is a minor aged 15 or over or an adult whose functional capacity is not limited and they understand the significance of the matter, the client’s written opinion on the action will be appended to the application.
Required attachments for a permit to invest a client's property in shares and funds
- Shares, subscription rights: Articles of association, most recent financial statements
- Shares in a cooperative: rules of the cooperative, its most recent financial statements.
- Bonds: Terms and conditions of the loan
- Fund shares: Investment fund rules
- A marking form which lists what and how much will be or has already been invested
- Options and forwards: On a case-by-case basis, sufficient account of the terms of the derivative contract and the financial position of the party selling the option
- If your client is a minor aged 15 or over or an adult whose functional capacity is not limited and they understand the significance of the matter, the client’s written opinion on the action will be appended to the application